- Compassion - We care for all the young people we serve as if they were our own, helping them to pursue positive choices and opportunities to thrive.
- Impact - We better the lives of young people and families by providing positive, inspiring programs that make a difference, now and in the future.
- Diversity - We embrace the differences of every young person, family and community we serve with an inclusive nature and diverse staff.
- Perseverance - We commit to building the capabilities of all young people, regardless of circumstance, to overcome challenges and achieve success.
- Collaboration - We rely on our staff, communities, supporters, funders and partner agencies to help shape the success of our youth and young adults.
While working in the social service field, Dennis witnessed the truth of this statement every day. With a passion to make a difference and prevention in mind, he created Finish Strong to provide a safe space for young people where their strengths and abilities can be promoted and nurtured. Having struggled as a result of his own traumatic experiences, Dennis has built personal resilience and achieved wellness through the power of a caring community - which he now hopes to provide for others.
Our Commitment to Trauma Informed Care
- Developing self-regulation skills to prevent problem behavior;
- Developing social-emotional learning skills;
- Role modeling and teaching healthy relationship skills;
- Connecting youth to caring adults through mentoring and programming;
- Connecting young people to needed services such as primary care and substance abuse treatment;
- Raising awareness and reducing stigma by providing education to the community; and,
- Promoting social norms that protect against violence and adversity.